Father’s Day is just around the corner and it is perfect time to show Dad how much we care about him. In this post I share with you 6 SUPER EASY Father’s Day cards that you can make with crafting items around your house.
Check out the end of this post for a step-by-step video on all the crafts featured!
You’re the best “Pop!”
Why not surprise your Dad with this Popcorn inspired Father’s Day card!
Inspired by: I Heart Arts and Crafts
- Red, yellow, and white construction paper.
- Googly eyes
- Yellow or white pom poms
- Fold your white piece of construction paper in half “hamburger style”.
- Cut your red piece of paper in the space of a popcorn bucket. Add white stripes with a white crayon going down your bucket. Glue this to the front of your card.
- Cut your yellow construction paper into little yellow cloud shapes (circles can work too!) Glue your popcorn to the top of the red bucket.
- Add some white and yellow pom poms for extra popcorn!
- Glue googly eyes onto the middle of the red bucket.
- Write with crayons or markers at the top of the card “You’re the Best “Pop!”
Dad, Your’ve a Real “Fungi!”
Inspired by: DIY Joy
- Red, white, blue, and green construction paper.
- Googly eyes.
- Fold the blue construction paper in half “hamburger style.”
- Cut a curvy rectangle out of the white construction paper for the bottom of the mushroom.
- Cut a wavy half circle out of the red construction paper for the top of the mushroom.
- Cut two tiny hearts (or circles) out of the white construction paper for the cheeks of the mushroom.
- Cut some spiky shapes out of the green construction paper for grass.
- Draw a happy smile on your mushroom with a black crayon.
- Glue googly eyes onto your mushroom.
- On the top of the card write “Dad, You’re a real “Fungi!”
Dad, I Love You This Much
I love this craft! You can make it as long or as short as you want and your Dad will absolutely love it!
Inspired by: A Day in My Life
- Construction paper (any color).
- Trace your child’s hand two different times on two different colors of construction paper. Cut them out.
- On one hand write “Dad,” and on the other write “Love, (Your child’s name).”
- Cut three or four strips of paper. Fold them like an accordion. Fold one side of the paper and flip your strip over and fold it again. Repeat.
- Once you have all your folds, write “I love you this much” letter by letter on each fold. Make sure to leave the first and last fold free so we can glue them to our hands. (Bonus points if you make it super long!)
- Glue all your strips together.
- Glue the first and last strip to the back of the hands.
Dad, I Love You Berry Much
I love this strawberry craft BERRY much!
Inspired by: The Resourceful Momma
- Red and green construction paper.
- Pink pom poms.
- Googly eyes.
- Cut a big red heart out of the red construction paper and three green hearts and a tiny rectangle out of the green construction paper.
- Glue the green stem in the middle of the peak of the heart and then glue the hearts on top of it upside out.
- Glue on the googly eyes and pink pom poms.
- Draw a smile with a black marker or crayon.
- Draw tiny dashes all over the heart to look like strawberry seeds.
- On the back of your heart write “I love you Berry much!”
You are one in a Melon
Show your Dad how special he is with this “One in a Melon” card. This card is SO SIMPLE and SO CUTE!
- Red construction paper
- Cut a triangle out of the red construction paper.
- On one side of the melon write “Dad, You’re one in a Melon!”
- On the other side decorate it like a watermelon. Draw a green line at the bottom of the triangle for the rind of the melon. Color it in! Then, draw some black hearts all over the melon for the seeds.
You’re Out of this World!
Have some craft supplies laying around the house and want to make your Dad an “out of this world” Father’s Day card? Look no further!
Inspired by: Nontoygifts.com
- Red, yellow, or orange yarn.
- Hole puncher.
- Yellow, light blue, dark blue, and red construction paper.
- Fold your dark blue construction paper in half “hamburger style.”
- Cut a rectangle out of yellow construction paper and fold it in half “hamburger style.”
- Write “You’re out of this world!” inside the yellow rectangle.
- Glue the rectangle down on the dark blue construction paper. Note: Make sure
- Cut two squares for the windows out of the red construction paper. Glue them onto the yellow flap of the rocket.
- Cut two small triangles and one large triangle out of the light blue paper. Glue the two small triangles on the sides of the rocket and glue the large one on the top.
- With your hole puncher, punch four holes at the bottom of your rocket.
- Cut two pieces of yellow yarn and two pieces of orange yarn out. Make the yarn pieces about two finger lengths.
- Fold your yarn in half and loop the pieces of yarn into the holes that you created.
- With markers or crayons, decorate your card with stars, galaxies, or astroid belts!
Check out this video where I go over step by step on how I created all these easy Father’s Day cards!